MEET OUR TEAM
David R. Bolton, MAI, SREA
Founder & Senior Advisor
David Bolton founded Bolton Real Estate Consultants LLC fifty years ago. He has been actively engaged in the real estate profession since 1964 with extensive experience in most property types. He is a Texas Certified General Real Estate Appraiser and held a Texas Brokers License for 57 years. David is a graduate of Sam Houston State University and holds the SREA and MAI designations from the Appraisal Institute. His extensive involvement with the Society of Real Estate Appraisers and later the Appraisal Institute includes:
• Past National Chairman, Professional Practice Division, – Appraisal Institute
• Past National Chairman, Prof. Practice Committee – Society of Real Estate Appraisers
• Past Vice Governor, Board of Governor’s – Society of Real Estate Appraisers
• Past President, Houston Chapter – American Institute of Real Estate Appraisers
• Past President, Houston Chapter – Society of Real Estate Appraisers
• Past National Chairman, Young Advisory Council – Society of Real Estate Appraisers
• Past Regional Member, Review & Counseling Division – Appraisal Institute
David has over fifty years of expert witness experience and has qualified in Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts, County and State District Courts, Arbitration Hearings and Special Commissioner’s Hearings. He is a veteran of both the US Army and Air Force.
R. Chance Bolton, CCRA, GAA
R. Chance Bolton is the President of Bolton Real Estate Consultants LLC. He has been with the firm since 2003. He is a Texas Certified General Real Estate Appraiser and a Texas Licensed Real Estate Broker. He oversees appraisal assignments throughout Texas involving vacant land, farm and ranch, industrial, office, retail and special use real estate valuation. Chance is graduate of the University of Houston. Chance holds the CCRA (Certified Commercial Real Estate Appraiser) from the National Association of Real Estate Appraisers (NAREA) and the GAA (General Accredited Appraiser) from the National Association of Realtors (NAR). Chance was appointed by Governor Greg Abbot to be a member of the Texas Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board (TALCB) in 2016 and reappointed in 2021. As a board member, he has served on the executive committee as the board secretary, and currently chairs the enforcement committee. Chance is a US Navy veteran.